Passport, visa and customs


Identification is required at airport check-in. In most cases, your personal passport is the valid document. If you are abroad and do not have your passport, it is possible that other photo identification can be used when travelling back to the country where you normally reside.

If you discover that your passport has expired before you leave, you can go straight to your Citizens' Service Centre and have it renewed for up to 1 year. However, this only applies if it has not previously been extended by 1 year and if it is no more than 2 years since the passport expired.

Customs and visa rules

Customs rules

Different customs rules apply depending on whether you're travelling inside or outside the EU.

Visa rules

If you are planning a trip outside the EU or the Nordic countries, it is a good idea to check in advance whether the countries you will be visiting require visas from Danish nationals.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Get our latest news, travel inspiration, travel tips and more from Hans Christian Andersen Airport.

Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up to our newsletter here and receive the latest news, travel inspiration, travel tips and more from HCA Airport.